Friday, May 2, 2008

Helotes Cornyval 2008

Well, we went last night with Mary, Mike & Nicole to the annual Cornyval in Helotes. We had a blast. Aunt Emily watched Bella so she wouldn't get bored. Miranda got to ride a bunch of rides (the big swing is her fav.).

Miranda wanted her face paint on her hand so that she could see it. Smart girl....she knows exactly what she wants! I love that about her!


The girls all got their faces painted. Here is me and Mary. I chose mine in honor of Bella, because she had told me when I was planning on taking her that she wanted flowers painted on her face.


After we got home and Bella saw my flowers, she REALLY wanted her face painted. So, I promised her that I would paint it the next day. Let me tell you, as she was climbing out of bed in the morning, she was asking to have her face painted with flowers. So, I dug out Rick's paints and attempted to replicate the flowers from my painted face. Not bad, huh?


Miranda and Nikki just loved the rides. Here they are on the "Tilt-a-Whirl". OMG....they were laughing the whole time and Miranda's face looked like she was having the time of her life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a LOT of fun wish I coulda gone... lol Love ya rocky lea..

Samantha

Cassie said...

THat's so great! I've never heard of the cornyval. You need to fill us "nevergoanywheres" people in! You did fine work on Bella's face. You should be proud!

Becca said...

I echo Cassie on the fill us in part. I am going to have to stop being your friend (of coarse I am kidding) if you don't tell me about some of these hidden San Antonio secrets. Love you!

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

We went to the cornyval too! But mostly just for the rodeo. It looks like you guys had a lot more fun than we did with the fair part! Good for you. I guess next time we need to get our faces painted and ride some rides.